- "Clare Benedict" Wikipedia (English version) (2011) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clare_Benedict (on the American writer and patron)"
- with Hohl Trillini, Regula, and Quassdorf, Sixta, HyperHamlet: the cultural history of Shakespeare's play in quotations (2010). http://www.HyperHamlet.unibas.ch/ (HyperHamlet offers material on how Hamlet, Shakespeare's most iconic play, has entered European cultures (with a focus on England), and how it has offered them images and phrases to articulate their concerns.)
Timeline for EHES, see http://essenglish.org/blog/category/publications/ehes/ (2009) (accompanying the two volumes on English Studies in Europe)
Website http://www.BalzEngler.ch (2009-)
- "Genie: eine Anleitung; oder, wie Shakespeare dazu wurde." https://shine.unibas.ch/texts.html (2001)
- "Shakespeare, Washington, Lincoln: The Folger Library and the American Appropriation of the Bard" (1998) Also in Constructing Shakespeares.
- "The premises" (on the Basel University English department) (1993)
- "English at Basel: A Historical Note" (1993)
- "The Cooper Library at the University of Basel" (1993)